Incubus | Live Bootlegs | Click for more info

Reviews: Anyone like to give there comments on the gig as a whole ?

Tags: Alexandra, Gig, Palace

Views: 129

Replies to This Discussion

Loved the gig!  BB's voice was on top form and the guys all sounded great.  Cool venue too.  Managed to get right near the barrier, despite not getting there that early - although didn't even SEE Jose until the guys were leaving the stage, as had big fat speakers in the way!  Really liked the bass line in Dig, though think it would work better in a different song...?  Overall, came away a very happy Me  : )  specially as they played quite a few Make Yourself / S.C.I.E.N.C.E. tracks.  Just wanna get hold of M&G tickets next time round..  Need to, have to!

I am surprised, only one person can be bothered to express themselves in print, after all, Ally Pally was a great gig! 

Thanks to Kille for your contribution !

My night started off with drama, complete drama. There were five of us all together, coming from different parts of the country on the night of the gig. Train delays and tube problems meant we were running late and unfortunately we missed 2 and a half songs. 

A lot of people, myself included were shocked at how early the gig had started and I think we must have spent about 15 minutes trying to find a semi decent spot to enjoy the show. It was unfortunate we were near the back- the crowd was a barely active there but luckily we managed to push our way to a small cluster of about 20 people who were going absolutely insane. We had a mini pit going and it was really fun. The guys were INCREDIBLE and BB's voice just sent me reeling- it was very emotional seeing them again simply for the fact that it had been so long. 

I wasn't a fan of Ally Pally as a venue at ALL though, the lack of screens just meant that anywhere after the middle of the standing area just made it impossible to see the band. At times, I think people just felt quite disconnected I don't think I would have enjoyed myself as much as I did if it wasn't for all the awesome fans- the venue itself was beautiful but I'm not sure if I'd go to see any band there play again. I would have much preferred seeing them play in Brixton Academy, I just prefer the venue a lot more.

The night ended on a massive high, one of my sisters was a Incubus virgin and she thoroughly enjoyed herself. We ended the night with the scariest walk back imaginable, sang Incubus songs all the way out and a few Nightmare Before Christmas Ones, too (we didn't take the main road route out) and a two hour walk back to Hackney. I won't be forgetting the night anytime soon!

I just hope they don't leave it so long next time!  

Hi Kaveeta Mattu ,thanks for your contribution.

We got to the gig early, as it was an all standing gig. We were standing mid-way, and had a good view, mostly!

We thought the event was well organized & managed. Afterwards, we didn't have to wait too long for the free bus service to take us back to the Wood Green,Underground station. The nightmare came when getting on a train, and then not going anywhere, due to someone taken ill in the train in front of us, so we went back to street level to find an alternative way to get home, eventually, and with some luck, got a bus that went all the way to where we live in North London.

Great gig though!  

Was a great gig indeed! 

Oooh you waited in that massive queue? 
We pretty much walked all the way to the main wrote and got the W3 to Wood Green station, I did hear about the trouble on the tubes, people were REALLY panicking. I barely ever get them anyway, so I didn't really pay much mind to it at the time. The buses weren't stopping so we walked  most of the way. I'm very anemic so I was about ready to drop as soon as the gig finished, I felt like I was climbing mount doom!

For me it wasn't the best.

Like Kaveeta I'm not a huge fan of Ally Pally and would have preferred Brixton or Hammersmith Apollo as a London venue. The band played well although to be honest I thought the sound was awful, probably due to where I was standing and poor acoustics. I wish the set included more songs from Morning View, I know the purpose of the tour was to promote the new album but also to remember they hadn't toured UK since 2007 - so 4 years ago. I was at the HMV Forum gig which was just incredible, so I was just so thankful I had seen the band this year in a more 'relaxed' format - by that I mean the songs just came out one after the other and everyone had just the best time hearing classic after classic Incubus songs. Promoting the album was a little more serious, of course it had to be, and the last song was very powerful but in my opinion not really the best for ensuring the crowd left on a high. 

I wouldn't have missed going for the world, and will have special memories of the evening. There's no doubt Brandon was on top form - he sings so beautifully - and everyone was having a great time just being in the presence of such a special and talented band. 

I'm also extremely fortunate to have won meet and greet for the last Manchester show - last UK show of this tour - and will look forward to another evening with Incubus...  

Didn't get there in the end,  Sad, but true. 

Debbie said:

Didn't get there in the end,  Sad, but true. 

Oh no, next time around ?

Anna Tolley said:

For me it wasn't the best.

Like Kaveeta I'm not a huge fan of Ally Pally and would have preferred Brixton or Hammersmith Apollo as a London venue. The band played well although to be honest I thought the sound was awful, probably due to where I was standing and poor acoustics. I wish the set included more songs from Morning View, I know the purpose of the tour was to promote the new album but also to remember they hadn't toured UK since 2007 - so 4 years ago. I was at the HMV Forum gig which was just incredible, so I was just so thankful I had seen the band this year in a more 'relaxed' format - by that I mean the songs just came out one after the other and everyone had just the best time hearing classic after classic Incubus songs. Promoting the album was a little more serious, of course it had to be, and the last song was very powerful but in my opinion not really the best for ensuring the crowd left on a high. 

I wouldn't have missed going for the world, and will have special memories of the evening. There's no doubt Brandon was on top form - he sings so beautifully - and everyone was having a great time just being in the presence of such a special and talented band. 

I'm also extremely fortunate to have won meet and greet for the last Manchester show - last UK show of this tour - and will look forward to another evening with Incubus...  

Sorry to hear the gig wasn't the best for you. It was my first Ally Pally gig experience, and on the whole, i thought it worked. Not sure how many were there - my guess, around 8,000. The Great Hall was packed, a little too much, sometimes became uncomfortable. The music made up for it.

RSS

facebook

twitter youtube

last.fm

Image Map

Follow Brandon on Spotify

Join The Incubus Mailing List

Watch streaming video from Incubus at livestream.com

© 2014   Created by Incubus.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service