Something kind of strange happened in the chat tonight, which really shouldn't have surprised me as much as it did, but it got me to thinking.  And I realized that most of us here are still internet strangers, as it were, and I fear that, as is often the case, the anonymity makes it easy to be rude.  So I thought maybe we could introduce ourselves a little and get to know one-another better, and remember that there's always another human being on the other side of the keys.

Here, I'll start:

My name is Lauren (duh) and I'm originally from a tiny town in northern Maryland that no one has ever heard of ever.  I live in Culver City, now, which is a subsection of Los Angeles.  I have a husband, Kevin, a son, Joey (he is 2), and a cat named Blitz (which is German for "lightning", I understand.  He is a rescue.)  I am currently a stay-at-home Mom but I like to think of myself as a writer and an artist and I have been listening to Incubus since I was about twelve years old.  They have been my favorite band for years.  I speak English, French, a little German and even less Russian.

See, not so hard, right?  How about you guys?

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My name is Chico (nickname I rarely go by my real name), I'm 30 and from NYC.  I was first introduced to Incubus back in 1999.  My college roommate agreed to drive me home for a holiday weekend.  While on the road he was playing a CD and song after song the music blew me away.  I asked him who the band was and he informed me it was Incubus. 

I became a die hard fan from that day on. I love all of their albums in different ways.  At times I go months without listening to any music by them only to go on periods where I listen to Incubus everyday for months at a time.  Each album serves a different purpose depending on the mood I'm in, I've never experienced music like Incubus' before.  Morning View is my favorite album as a great blend of mellow and upbeat songs which makes it suitable for any mood.

As I'm typing this Nice to Know You has just come on my Incubus Pandora station, I hope to meet some cool new people that share a love for my favorite band.  I'm a cool guy and can and will talk about anything.  My favorite things are Incubus music and sneakers. 

Hello my name is Carlo, I was born in Chihuahua, Mexico but I currently live in El Paso, TX, otherwise known as the border between Mexico and the US. I am barely turning 18 this summer and plan to study Computer Science at the University of Texas at El Paso! I started listening to Incubus when I was about 10 or 11 I can't quite remember but I have loved them since! My cousins introduced me to Incubus, the first songs I heard were Drive and The Warmth. And that's about all there is to know and well I love Incubus and can't wait for the new album just like everyone else :) and don't fight guys were all fellow Incubus fans here, let's spread the love!

My name is Ximena Vasco, I’m 22 and I was born in an amazing country named Colombia.  I’m so happy to be part of Incubus World HeadQuarters, it’s like a dream come true because I always wanted to be so close to my favorite band and everyone who loves them too, now I feel so...the Incubus Family reunited. I listen Incubus since I was 12 (First, I heared them on the radio) and my favorite is S.C.I.E.N.C.E. but  I love all the albums and I can't wait to hear the new!!
I'm an enthusiastic psychology student and for days I work at a Gift-Shop.  I love tattoos and each one that I've got it's related to music, because in the music I found a beautiful way to express life and its complex of meanings.
I pass every day for this site and because I'm a little shy do not talk much in the chat, but I'm mindful of what happens there and I really enjoy when Ren and someone of the band appears ... is awesome !!!
Sorry for my english...I'm trying to improve it and IWHQ has helped me a lot...thanks.  :)

Nice to know you folks!!!

Hello everyone :) I'm Karla. I have lived in Los Angeles my whole life. I was born in the year that Incubus was formed (1991 yeah!) I am currently attending Cal State Dominguez Hills, with my major being Psychology. Incubus, and their music has inspired me to get in touch with my creative side, they are all so talented and creative like y'all know. Their music has also helped me become more confident about myself, and when I am upset, listening to their songs help me put whatever it is that is going on into perspective. I really love that they do what they love and have gotten rewarded for that. So I'm gonna do what it is that I love.
Oh yeah, and I am happy to be part of this Incubus community. :)

Hello everyone, I recently stumbled upon this forum and am quite impressed with the social media component of the managing of the band! 

My name is Melissa and I am a College Professor of biological psychology by day and lover of music, culture, art, gardening, environmental concerns, local politics, dance, golf, astronomy, margaritas, and travel by night.  I first became an Incubus fan when I heard "Drive" on the radio around 10 years ago.  The song was different than any others at that time and it really spoke to me.  I was a graduate student struggling to find the confidence to make it through a rigorous doctoral program and questioning whether or not it was the right path for me. It was the lyrics in that song that told me it was the "fear of uncertainty" that was dragging me down in life and not my abilities.  Pursuing a career in academics is not the cushy career with summers off that some think it is; rather it means having the responsibility and courage to teach others, thinking equally with both left and right brain, being a good listener, having the ability to laugh at yourself, and most importantly, value the human condition.  

I have been a fan of Incubus' music every since then and now at 34 years of age I teach at a liberal arts college near Burlington, Vermont, USA, a place known for its social justice activism.  The lyrics of Incubus continue to impress me as they combine art, music, psychology, and show the vulnerability that we all experience.  More importantly the words and melodies truly inspire me to try to be the best that I can be so that I can teach and give back to others.  It is my hope that the world opens her ears, eyes, and heart to the bands lyrics and melodies so that we can live together in a more peaceful union as human beings on this planet.  Let's look for the good in everyone; our fate is not sealed.  Each of us has untapped potential and a sense of humor, darn it!

Thank you for reading.  I look forward to getting to know many of you as we experience this journey together...

hi, im Lisa, im 23, from the UK, i live in a town called frome in somerset (its near bath and bristol). I work as a dental nurse which is kinda gross sometimes but i love it.

Got into incubus in 2002ish when my brother gave me a copy of make yourself and a played it non stop for about a year. only seen them live once but that will change soon hopefully.

Hi errrrybody.

My name is Arvid.... but you can call me Arvid... everyone calls me Arvid.

Although my middle name is Jose - not related to Pasillas - and my last name is Gutierrez -not related to Brantley :P.

I'm 29 now. A software engineer. Freelance musician. Avid traveler and concert goer. I can talk to you in Spanish, English, Binary, Hexadecimal and musical notation, for what it's worth :).

I live in Mexicali, Mexico. Which is about a 3 hour drive from LA, 2 hour drive from San Diego, 5 hour drive from Vegas or Phoenix. So it's ideal to catch any show nearby.

I got into Incubus really late (Light Grenades :/ ), but still it managed to made such an impact on my life that now every song on every album has content of my life related to it.

They're certainly not the only band/artist that has done that, but I think it has been the last 'til now.

I'm always on the lookout to meet new people, if possible from a whole different culture, because I enjoy the most trading experiences and learning from others.

And that's why I've found this site such an enjoyable place to be. Incubus fans have a lot of positive attitudes towards everything :D.

Glad to meet you all. See you on the road. May music be always in your life.

MUSIC - My life. GUITAR - My voice. PEOPLE - My issue.

Hello!  My name is Vanessa, I'm 27, married for almost 5 years to a man 23 days my junior, and have a Westie named Caesar who will be 4 this month. I currently reside in Nagoya, Japan, not quite glow-in-the-dark just yet but we'll see what happens. My home is in Kentucky, not too far south of Cincinnati, where I moved after I graduated from college for my husband's work at Toyota, but before that I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago (Glendale Heights, represent?).  I speak English, Spanish (though I should be better than I am), and am doing my best to learn as much Japanese as this opportunity allows.

I have...or had wasted an awful lot of time being someone who I was not, from college majors to religion, but in the midst of my turning point, I stumbled across an old Incubus CD (and consequently stumbled across their other CDs as well, conveniently at the store and in alphabetical order).  I believe the reason I have latched on to them so much is that everything I had been thinking in that moment was all right there, said for me -- and it was such a relief, because I was stuck, I did not know how to express myself at that time, and the music of Incubus was the perfect medium.

I am a much happier person now than I was 3 years ago, I learned that the only person who ever held me back was myself, and since that realization have come to see there are no limits to what I can do.  

There is a tattoo that I want to put on my wrist, in brown ink like the ink I had used to write in my journal that I kept for those 3 years, and it will say "Make Yourself."  I would love it to be in Brandon's handwriting, but seeing that option is slim (though I guess I should never say -----), I could come up with something; I have discovered that I can draw :) 

I know it's time for Something to happen, and I'm excited and terrified all at the same time, but I know that is why I am here, in Japan, unemployed, with a wonderful, loving, supportive, and patient husband...cultivating ideas, gaining confidence, for whatever comes next...loving it.

I think I might have written some of this for myself.  Nevermind, now

Caesar wants to know why I'm not feeding him.

~*~V~*~

Wow! Someone else from Nagoya, Aichi-ken! はじめましてヴァネッサ! I lived there for few months and still trying to come back to this fantastic country.

I'm David from France, turned 26 today and just finished my studies. I talk French, English, Spanish, Portuguese and currently learning Japanese. Got into Incubus with "Just a Phase" which is still my favorite track. Saw the band on stage 3 times and went to 2 MYF meet&greet.

I really love this website, we're having a lot of good times and positive things with people all around the world sharing a same passion for good music.

しんじられない! どうぞよろしく!

David デヴィッド said:

Wow! Someone else from Nagoya, Aichi-ken! はじめましてヴァネッサ! I lived there for few months and still trying to come back to this fantastic country.

I'm David from France, turned 26 today and just finished my studies. I talk French, English, Spanish, Portuguese and currently learning Japanese. Got into Incubus with "Just a Phase" which is still my favorite track. Saw the band on stage 3 times and went to 2 MYF meet&greet.

I really love this website, we're having a lot of good times and positive things with people all around the world sharing a same passion for good music.

Hi! I'm Elyssa. I'm 17. I'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Currently living in Dubai.I started listening to Incubus since I was 10. Thanks to my brother, he's always influenced me with all the good music. One of them was definitely Incubus. Ever since, Incubus has been one of my top favorite bands. Always up there. I missed Incubus live in Malaysia back in 2004. However, I got to see them live for the first time in 2008 when they performed for Sunburst. So it's all good.. and I can hardly wait for July. 

Incubus fans unite <3

RSS

facebook

twitter youtube

last.fm

Image Map

Follow Brandon on Spotify

Join The Incubus Mailing List

Watch streaming video from Incubus at livestream.com

© 2014   Created by Incubus.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service