"Invite Only Performances by Incubus" at HQLive -How To Qualify

Incubus is planning a week of events here in Los Angeles to celebrate the release of their new album "If Not Now, When?". And all kinds of things are going to be happening, from chats with the band, musician's clinics, behind the scenes look at the tour prep, and most of all some very special performances from the band from June 30-July 6...Six performances in all and all of it is going to be broadcast live on the internet. But for a lucky few, you can be part of the live in studio audience. Only 75 people can attend each performance so these invites will be highly in demand. Tickets are not being sold for these events. Its invite only and we can't figure out who to invite. That's where you come in. Give us some ideas of how we can pick the list. Think out of the box and think about how we can give everybody who'd like to be there a fair shot. Think about how we can involve fans not just from LA but also Incubus fans in the US and internationally as well. We will be keeping an eye out for great ideas and look forward to seeing the most deserving fans sitting on the couch that week. 

 


Tags: HQ, contest, headquarters, ideas, incubus, live, suggestions, world

Views: 475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think doing a lottery is one of the best ways if not the best. It gives everyone a fair opportunity to attend. There can be notification emails to the ones that won, and if they dont respond or cant make it, the seat will be given to someone else. 

Although I do like the idea of submitting anything creative to be judged. That way shows a definite interest in going and levels the playing field somewhat. But I think the scope shouldnt be restricted to videos, because some people, like me, are extremely shy. And since Im an artist, I would prefer to send something akin to an email with my fan art attached. 

I like the short video clip. With how fast technology has been moving, most people will be able to produce some sort of video to represent their passion for the band. Plus it would be a lot of fun :) i think 3 minutes max is as long as it needs to be.
I think it would be cool to have some kind of Incubus trivia.  I've been to 9 shows and there are all types of fans but those who have been fans from the beginning (Science days and even before) should have the this beautiful privilege of attending a private show as such.  Maybe like a little trivia quiz with the first 75 to respond or something of that sort.  Good luck and I hope to get in some way some how!

All I ask is that it not be like the show at the Echoplex that was announced on KROQ.  Got to the venue was early in line but because of all the cutting, I didn't make it in.

I really think the fairest way to do this is by lottery.


I hear you.. I got there way early, only to be turned down at the front of the line. I heard it was a great show though.
Diana Gonzales said:

All I ask is that it not be like the show at the Echoplex that was announced on KROQ.  Got to the venue was early in line but because of all the cutting, I didn't make it in.

I really think the fairest way to do this is by lottery.

I got to the echoplex pretty late and ended up being at the very end of the line but after hours of waiting and being told there was no room and to leave numerous times, I eventually got in. I wasn't old enough nor did I have an ID! but they let me go so I say it was meant to be :) My first time seeing Incubus <3

Ryan Cole said:

I hear you.. I got there way early, only to be turned down at the front of the line. I heard it was a great show though.
Diana Gonzales said:

All I ask is that it not be like the show at the Echoplex that was announced on KROQ.  Got to the venue was early in line but because of all the cutting, I didn't make it in.

I really think the fairest way to do this is by lottery.

I got there late too, saw that there was a just a flood of people with no semblance of a line or organization and I left. I didn't even want to deal with the nightmare, I heard it was a good show though :)

Veronica Alcala said:
I got to the echoplex pretty late and ended up being at the very end of the line but after hours of waiting and being told there was no room and to leave numerous times, I eventually got in. I wasn't old enough nor did I have an ID! but they let me go so I say it was meant to be :) My first time seeing Incubus <3

Ryan Cole said:

I hear you.. I got there way early, only to be turned down at the front of the line. I heard it was a great show though.
Diana Gonzales said:

All I ask is that it not be like the show at the Echoplex that was announced on KROQ.  Got to the venue was early in line but because of all the cutting, I didn't make it in.

I really think the fairest way to do this is by lottery.

So far, There are many great ideas, but if we are to think about how we can "give EVERYBODY who'd like to be there a fair shot." it needs to go beyond just those who are musically, poetically or artistically inclined or just those who have participated in the Promises Promises cover contest as this excludes many others who'd like to be there. There needs to be something more fan friendly. 

Example...A few years ago, another band did a live taping and only 250 fans could attend. They emailed the fan base and asked that everyone a write a brief question to the band or one of the band members. They picked the first 250 that they liked and then picked the top 6 to actually ask their question on camera at the taping. Seemed fair enough as it doesn't require anyone to have a specific talent or skill to participate.

With that said...First response to invitation, Trivia, the digital "Wild Goose Chase", etc. are all great ideas.

What about submitting one interesting/creative sentence, limited to 10 words, that you feel would be a great first line of lyrics to built a new song upon?? The band can judge which they like the best, narrowing it down to the number of people that can attend.   I bet even the band would enjoy this one...I could be funny as hell-o
I like the "keep it simple" approach. Random lottery made available to IncubusHQ fans. Nice idea, Emmanuel. =)

Emmanuel Hernandez said:
Kind of like what others are saying, keep it simple: make it a random lottery. Make it available to only those on IncubusHQ, because that in itself shows part of how much of a fan we are, and you have to manually enter on the site. Only enter if you can absolutely make it (maybe choose what day to go, because lets be honest, some of us may really depend of a job/other obligations and can't just skip a day as much as we might want to), otherwise disqualified from all future events, can only go one day to allow the greatest amount of fans to go, and must show valid ID so no one can scalp the tickets. To me, this seems the most fair, since not everyone has a tear-jerking story about Incubus or has the time/money to make some fancy video or pay a ton of money for tickets, though the MYF charity gesture would be nice, but you know those tickets will jump up close to the thousands considering how rare an opportunity this is because it's much more than just a meet and greet, and those tickets would go upwards of $500 if I remember correctly. We shouldn't exclude people who don't have that kind of money to throw around, because really, a lot of people are on hard times, students, just getting by, or whatever, but we can be just as much of a fan as a lucky person who has the wiggle room to drop a cool grand on a ticket. Oh, and have like 10 people on call, since there will always be people who win who don't show up.
I'm also a long time fan from waaaaaay back, but the newer fans love them as much as we do and are just as loyal, just not as long or maybe as old. Dilemma, Dilemma...for sure.  ~Peace  =)

Greg said:
I think it would be cool to have some kind of Incubus trivia.  I've been to 9 shows and there are all types of fans but those who have been fans from the beginning (Science days and even before) should have the this beautiful privilege of attending a private show as such.  Maybe like a little trivia quiz with the first 75 to respond or something of that sort.  Good luck and I hope to get in some way some how!
AGREED!!  =)

Kevin said:

I think doing a lottery is one of the best ways if not the best. It gives everyone a fair opportunity to attend. There can be notification emails to the ones that won, and if they dont respond or cant make it, the seat will be given to someone else. 

Although I do like the idea of submitting anything creative to be judged. That way shows a definite interest in going and levels the playing field somewhat. But I think the scope shouldnt be restricted to videos, because some people, like me, are extremely shy. And since Im an artist, I would prefer to send something akin to an email with my fan art attached. 

RSS


facebook

twitter youtube

last.fm

Image Map

Follow Brandon on Spotify

Join The Incubus Mailing List

 

Watch streaming video from Incubus at livestream.com

© 2014   Created by Incubus.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service