"Invite Only Performances by Incubus" at HQLive -How To Qualify

Incubus is planning a week of events here in Los Angeles to celebrate the release of their new album "If Not Now, When?". And all kinds of things are going to be happening, from chats with the band, musician's clinics, behind the scenes look at the tour prep, and most of all some very special performances from the band from June 30-July 6...Six performances in all and all of it is going to be broadcast live on the internet. But for a lucky few, you can be part of the live in studio audience. Only 75 people can attend each performance so these invites will be highly in demand. Tickets are not being sold for these events. Its invite only and we can't figure out who to invite. That's where you come in. Give us some ideas of how we can pick the list. Think out of the box and think about how we can give everybody who'd like to be there a fair shot. Think about how we can involve fans not just from LA but also Incubus fans in the US and internationally as well. We will be keeping an eye out for great ideas and look forward to seeing the most deserving fans sitting on the couch that week. 

Tags: HQ, contest, headquarters, ideas, incubus, live, suggestions, world

Views: 504

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I support this.

Kalvin Vaughn said:
What about possibly inviting some war vets?? I know there are some here.
i know that Incubus doesn't have videos for all of their songs, so how bout people create their own? i mean....i say this knowing that i don't even own a video camera, but it's the thought that counts, right? :-D

Hi All,

A virtual Easter Egg hunt is a great idea, even an Alternate Reality Game would be fun, but both sound like big undertakings, both for programmers and participants. I'm throwing in with some expression of that the group has meant for individual fans.

Music, and the music of Incubus in particular is a confluence of ideas and emotions, language and sound, all producing an effect on the listener (or more properly, these days, participant). Sure, it would be work to wade through the writings and videos of fans describing how Incubus has influenced them, but isn't that what the fans do? Work their way through the countless offerings of an oftentimes mercenary system of music production and promotion to find the work that most speaks to them? The work that "sings" to us, resonates with beauty, and yes, even make sus cry?

Let fans try and give back some of what this band has given us, a view into the world through the lens of another's experience.

My Best to you All,

Morgan

This is not an easy task. Although videos and the like are a great idea those not mega technically minded may lose out. I think the fairest way is for names in a hat and perhaps get the band to pick out the winners....

As I said in the other thread, not everyone has video or graphic talents.  I certainly don't!  A trivia contest - maybe.  A RT contest or an app on Facebook to enter?  More random but also equally fair to all. 

Not going to lie - another person suggested that anyone who lives in the LA area and is on the HQ site get an invite, and I think that would be wonderful.  Not everyone may be able to make it, but at least we locals would all get a shot!

I don't have a video camera so I made a page in dedication to my niece so I could win the tickets for her and not myself... I'll bring my paragraph to you and hope you read it...thanks.

I won a meet and greet from KROQ in 2008 to the Incubus show at The Greek in Los Angeles and gave it to my niece Annie who is now 21 and has been the biggest fan of this band since their inception. I also bought myself two tickets for the same show. Well the meet & greet didn't go so well because all the girls mobbed B. Boyd? Why? People are people, and sadly, this made him turn around and NOT come back out to the meet & greet. This was a big disappointment for Annie watching the debacle take place as she just wanted to shake their hands and thank them. However, this concert turned ME into an Incubus fan, so all wasn't lost that night. Annie is now living and teaching kids in Mississippi away from her family, friends and all that is familiar to her, all to gain her Masters Degree. I bought two tickets to the Santa Barbara show hoping she would be in town during her summer visit still but I found out that she leaves for home three days before the concert. My wish is to somehow win my way into that warehouse for her...Annie Koontz. Her status on June 1st was this (Andrea Marie "My motivation to do work is missing. Hopefully I can find it at Barnes & Noble.") I know coming home will help rejuvenate her and she was sad she was missing the SB concert. I wish a surprise of this magnitude could be given to her as she is giving so much of herself alone and through thunderstorms and tornados. She is, was, and always will be your biggest fan and I love her with all my heart. ♥
Attachments:
Why not just pick people the old-fashioned way.  Like drawing names from a hat.  Every member here is an Incubus fan so why should we have to prove how big of a fan we are?  We all love Incubus and we'd all love to be at one of these 6 special shows so isn't the most fair way to pick the list to simply randomly select each name?  It's better for everyone to keep it a no-brainer especially this close to showtime.
I agree Kathie. Old fashion way sounds very resonable to me.

Kathie Simpkins said:
Why not just pick people the old-fashioned way.  Like drawing names from a hat.  Every member here is an Incubus fan so why should we have to prove how big of a fan we are?  We all love Incubus and we'd all love to be at one of these 6 special shows so isn't the most fair way to pick the list to simply randomly select each name?  It's better for everyone to keep it a no-brainer especially this close to showtime.
So many ideas, maybe some of each?
I agree....

Kathie Simpkins said:
when would these contests be occurring? Winning these tickets would be a dream come true!
Pleaseee tell me what is happening !!!!! When is the event I want to gooooo!!!!!
I have to go !

RSS

facebook

twitter youtube

last.fm

Image Map

Follow Brandon on Spotify

Join The Incubus Mailing List

Watch streaming video from Incubus at livestream.com

© 2014   Created by Incubus.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service