Suggestions for HQ Improvements.

Tags: #FAQ, #Improvements

Views: 278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can edit those options in your profile settings, here

Jelger said:

This might be mentioned already, but how about changing (or giving two options) the notification system.

 

Now you get an email with every reply. I would much rather get a notification after the first new post after my last visit. So I will get no other notifications for that particular thread (or group update) untill I visit again. I know there's something new, and when I do visit I see the rest of the new posts. It will prevent my email account from clogging up.

Doh! Thanks, I must have been blind.

Good job Silvia Paci Digei,

thanks for your contribution/support towards other members in the thread  :)

Silvia Paci Digei said:

You can edit those options in your profile settings, here

Jelger said:

This might be mentioned already, but how about changing (or giving two options) the notification system.

 

Now you get an email with every reply. I would much rather get a notification after the first new post after my last visit. So I will get no other notifications for that particular thread (or group update) untill I visit again. I know there's something new, and when I do visit I see the rest of the new posts. It will prevent my email account from clogging up.

I thinks it's odd that we have to follow a particular blog post in order to get news.  What if some of us aren't following a blog with very important news like the MB stuff?  Maybe there should be a blog where the big breaking news goes that everyone is automatically signed up to follow, unless they request to stop following it (and maybe doesn't allow responses so that our emails don't get clogged up).  I gotta admit, I'm an old lady, and sometimes us old folk don't always have the time to search for news on this site when there are so many places to look.  A little streamlining might help.  Just a thought...  But I love how easy it is for all of us to interact on this site, it really feels like a community!

since there's a lot of competition happening. from the cover to the tour guide, i think there should be a category for competition on the forum.so ppl wouldnt have to ask the same question on where to put their vids and etc. :)

Hi there, 

 

I cannot remember if as a new member you get a welcome email, but if so I would suggest to insert the NEW USER GUIDE as well as the BLOG regarding RSVPs and PRESALES into that welcome message, it would help channel the Newbies in just the right direction, since it seems to be the most important and interesting things for them when entering the HQ for the first time. 

 

Maybe inserting the links would be enough already. So far for my thinking.

 

Have a fine day.

I second that.

norhalina mt (lina) said:
since there's a lot of competition happening. from the cover to the tour guide, i think there should be a category for competition on the forum.so ppl wouldnt have to ask the same question on where to put their vids and etc. :)

I might be nitpicking here, but shouldn't the Breaking News thread be for news post exclusively. Let's say that 'Thank You's' to whoever posts the news items are implied and that discussion of the news should be taken to another thread. Now it gets clogged with comments and thank you's, which makes it still a bit chaotic.

Hi Karla,

 

I understand what you are talking about, but there is a lot of work around here and I think with Twitter, Facebook and the HQ News section as well as the News Thread in the Forum you have plenty of sources to choose from without having to dig through everything on this site. So concentrate on the News Section as for the Blogs, the News Thread and if you are interested there is a Group regarding Interviews with the Band in the Group Section as well as a Forum thread concerning and linking to Press Coverage of the Band from around the world.

 

Thank you.

Karla Aguirre said:

I thinks it's odd that we have to follow a particular blog post in order to get news.  What if some of us aren't following a blog with very important news like the MB stuff?  Maybe there should be a blog where the big breaking news goes that everyone is automatically signed up to follow, unless they request to stop following it (and maybe doesn't allow responses so that our emails don't get clogged up).  I gotta admit, I'm an old lady, and sometimes us old folk don't always have the time to search for news on this site when there are so many places to look.  A little streamlining might help.  Just a thought...  But I love how easy it is for all of us to interact on this site, it really feels like a community!

I second that. I would prefer the News thread being for news collected by everyone who has heard something and wants to share but not necessarily everything should be discussed in there, yes.

Jelger said:

I might be nitpicking here, but shouldn't the Breaking News thread be for news post exclusively. Let's say that 'Thank You's' to whoever posts the news items are implied and that discussion of the news should be taken to another thread. Now it gets clogged with comments and thank you's, which makes it still a bit chaotic.

I actually find it quite disturbing that video stills now are considered photographs and not only that, but people (various people) are uploading them more than once, so those pictures flood the latest photos. Is there any possibility of stopping that?

Hi Karla,

 

Oceana has a point - because there are so many channels to tune in to that you can choose. Currently Lauren Clay's Breaking News Forum Thread is perhaps most suited to your description.

Oceana's Press Coverage Thread for inputs of interviews and such is another useful link - as she mentioned in her response to you.

 

As the site is still relatively "new" (less than 1 year old), I'm positive that things are in the works for managing and organizing site content for easier/better viewing and reference. For now, hitting the HQ homepage or breaking news thread is recommended.

 

Thanks so much for your suggestions though Karla, we appreciate it :)

keeps us on our toes. hope you're doing well

 

 

sketchwish

 


Oceana Light (lover of life) said:

Hi Karla,

 

I understand what you are talking about, but there is a lot of work around here and I think with Twitter, Facebook and the HQ News section as well as the News Thread in the Forum you have plenty of sources to choose from without having to dig through everything on this site. So concentrate on the News Section as for the Blogs, the News Thread and if you are interested there is a Group regarding Interviews with the Band in the Group Section as well as a Forum thread concerning and linking to Press Coverage of the Band from around the world.

 

Thank you.

Karla Aguirre said:

I thinks it's odd that we have to follow a particular blog post in order to get news.  What if some of us aren't following a blog with very important news like the MB stuff?  Maybe there should be a blog where the big breaking news goes that everyone is automatically signed up to follow, unless they request to stop following it (and maybe doesn't allow responses so that our emails don't get clogged up).  I gotta admit, I'm an old lady, and sometimes us old folk don't always have the time to search for news on this site when there are so many places to look.  A little streamlining might help.  Just a thought...  But I love how easy it is for all of us to interact on this site, it really feels like a community!

RSS


facebook

twitter youtube

last.fm

Image Map

Follow Brandon on Spotify

Join The Incubus Mailing List

 

Watch streaming video from Incubus at livestream.com

© 2014   Created by Incubus.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service