Suggestions for HQ Improvements.

Tags: #FAQ, #Improvements

Views: 278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Norlina :)

sounds awesome. for me,  I'd say it takes just a little bit of reading up to find out where/how to enter for competitions - but i get what you mean for a 'go-to-place' fr competitions for our HQ members' convenience, as others have brought up for having the Latest Incubus News based in a zone of its own.

nonetheless, Thank You for bringing it up  :)

for now, as I've mentioned to others, the hq homepage or forum threads hold the gold.

cheers,

sketchwish

Oceana Light (lover of life) said:

I second that.

norhalina mt (lina) said:
since there's a lot of competition happening. from the cover to the tour guide, i think there should be a category for competition on the forum.so ppl wouldnt have to ask the same question on where to put their vids and etc. :)

I agree.

I'll think up of something and eventually bring it up to site management to consider. As of now, thread's in the forum are "The" means of discussing those subjects - where to some degree, the 'Thank You's' and 'This is Awesome!' msgs are unavoidable, and to be honest i think they'll be unavoidable as long as there is a place for members to discuss and share their views/love for the subject.

Also, taking away the 'discussion platform' would not exactly be ethical or responsible. But i do agree it does look a bit "messy" in the 'Breaking News' thread where people are almost constantly throwing in their msgs of gratitude which i do not blame them for, but I see you guys' points - to basically keep things organized and concise without the extra glitter  :)

Please continue throwing any new ideas about this here; Jelger and Oceana. Anyone else who has something to share, please do as well.

Thanks,

sketcwish

I second that. I would prefer the News thread being for news collected by everyone who has heard something and wants to share but not necessarily everything should be discussed in there, yes.

Jelger said:

I might be nitpicking here, but shouldn't the Breaking News thread be for news post exclusively. Let's say that 'Thank You's' to whoever posts the news items are implied and that discussion of the news should be taken to another thread. Now it gets clogged with comments and thank you's, which makes it still a bit chaotic.

i like your idea on this :)

sounds good, but i would have to say it isn't really a priority - as the site is still building up on the other major events. but i'll certainly keep this one in mind. The warmth and welcome would be nice to have as a new member joining..   :)

Thank You

Hi there, 

I cannot remember if as a new member you get a welcome email, but if so I would suggest to insert the NEW USER GUIDE as well as the BLOG regarding RSVPs and PRESALES into that welcome message, it would help channel the Newbies in just the right direction, since it seems to be the most important and interesting things for them when entering the HQ for the first time. 

Maybe inserting the links would be enough already. So far for my thinking.

Have a fine day.

I'm currently managing that and have been removing duplicates. Will bring it up to Lauren to add that somewhere in the HQ Guide.

Of course having said, there are thousands of photos - and we do try our best to maintain this.

Also about uploading video stills.. that is a tough one to tackle (or not to tackle). Debatable I guess.

Do drop any moderator (AC/Lauren/Francisco/Rachel/myself) a note if you notice duplicates. Please do not message Jake or Steve Rennie (Ren) about these matters. Thank You.

I actually find it quite disturbing that video stills now are considered photographs and not only that, but people (various people) are uploading them more than once, so those pictures flood the latest photos. Is there any possibility of stopping that?
Have the presales here at the HQ website instead of  ticketmaster. I know I'm thinking big it's possible. That's how I buy tickets to one of my other favorite band. It's never a problem for me and I always get the tickets I want.
Since there seems to be a lot of questions regarding the presales and how to get the tickets, it might be good to feature the RSVP,Presales and You Blog Somewhere...or even add an easy access menu tab, with condensed information regarding this site and the ongoing events...
Wondering if we could get an archive of show setlists? I'd love to be able to make playlists of the songs I heard at a show ... it's hard to keep track when you're there. Even a pic of the setlist the band has would be awesome.
http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=Incubus  ;)

idledaylight said:
Wondering if we could get an archive of show setlists? I'd love to be able to make playlists of the songs I heard at a show ... it's hard to keep track when you're there. Even a pic of the setlist the band has would be awesome.
Thanks Tom   :)

Tom said:
http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=Incubus  ;)

idledaylight said:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this - I've noticed a couple of 'spammish' comments & some members may not be true members. Should we notify a Moderator if we think a comment is spam? If we have enough spam, can we make a sammich?

Yes of course @Me,

please notify @FranciscoStiglich, @Lauren or Myself in the event of..

This is the internet after all, and some stuff like 'Spam' can be rather inevitable. But with your vigilance we can reduce it.

Thanks for your suggestion  :)

Me said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this - I've noticed a couple of 'spammish' comments & some members may not be true members. Should we notify a Moderator if we think a comment is spam? If we have enough spam, can we make a sammich?

Simplify : really this site is a hot mess.

In keeping with the twitter age

Band members should actually engage

RSS

facebook

twitter youtube

last.fm

Image Map

Follow Brandon on Spotify

Join The Incubus Mailing List

Watch streaming video from Incubus at livestream.com

© 2014   Created by Incubus.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service