Mike, Kilmore, Jose and Brandon will be doing separate video chats over the course of the HQ Anniversary party, and they'll be answering your questions straight from the internet. To cut down on the amount of confusion going on in the chat room while they're live, we will be pulling the best questions from this thread to ask them on-air.

This thread is for questions for Mike Einziger only.

Tags: questions, videochat

Views: 2444

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Mike! 

Nice to see you guys in tour again and success on your album if not now when.

It's cool to live his dreams and live through something that's so incredible the career as a guitarist

My Q! to you is what comes to mind when ever you write a new riff? or How do you decide on a specific style that you like to write upon?

I've always wanted to know, especially from you, because I've been a progressing guitarist for about 5 years and starting to get into the art of writing music.  I've always had trouble on such things as deciding on a style of a riff.  I could try learning the ways of Harvard, but it seems a little far fetched for me lol 

If you get back to me I just want to say thank you for your time and artistically you and as a band have created the best songs that I love listening to.

Peace dude, c you at Festival Pier!

Brandon Taze Foy

Dear Mike,

I've been an Incubus fan for exactly 15 years now since 1997. In that time, I've seen you guys live 12 times. I've most definitely seen you guys play a bunch of songs but are there any songs that you refuse to play live? Which Incubus songs do you guys really save for special occasions? I know that "Crowded Elevator" doesn't really make your setlists on every tour, are there any other songs that you or the band personally won't play until the circumstances really called for it? I'm personally a big fan of Black Heart Inertia but that's not actually a song I've seen you guys play live. I'm curious, what songs do you guys not play live and why? 

Arvin

Elmhurst, NY 

Hi Mike My question would be this: Your debut album Fungus Amongus was energetic,wild, and had alot of great Funk riffs and solos. Looking back your previous styles and albums, are you surprised at how you grew as a musician, and also how Incubus took shape throughout a 17 year career?

And Thanks for keeping the passion strong all these years. All the best

Tim

Hello Mike, it was sooo great see you again in Tokyo this year!!

Here is my question, I want to share with you and incufans of your music making process, just like Making Morning View video back in 2001. Do you rather prefer making music closed environment only with band mates? I am so curious about how wonderful songs of incubus are created and how you decide instruments arrangements and all...

Hope we can share it soon!!

Rika, Tokyo, Japan

Mike,

We know your tour last year was cut short due to illness. Can you talk about that now and how your feeling? Is this something that your going to have to deal with on a regular basis like arthritis or diabetes or was that something in your past. Just concerned for you!! ( :

Laura Hensley

How does science/nature inspire you as a musician?

Hey Mike! 

I'm a student at Georgia Tech and some friends and I are finalists in a live televised invention contest here on campus (https://inventureprize.gatech.edu/).  We made a digital effects touchscreen for the guitar and are trying to find out what people think of it.  Who better to ask than one of the best guitarists in the world?? If you could, please take a look at our videos and let me know if you would ever be interested in using something like this! It provides increased mobility and the ability to mix multiple effects simultaneously. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/deftpad . Your feedback [assuming it's positive :) ] would help us win and ultimately help us be able to get this product out to all guitarists. Thanks so much!

Brad

Btw, haven't missed any of your shows in Atlanta since 2007. Best. Concerts. Ever.

Mike: you're my idle and i am a die hard fan of you and your band i love you guys.... i will be driving to your concert on may 8th in milwaukee, Wisconsin with some of my friends and our favorite song buy you guys is ZEE DEVEEL and it would make our night an unforgettable time of our life if you played it.. its a 9 hour drive for us to go to your show there in Milwaukee and are going anyways because you guys arent in michigan that often, though i was at your last show at DTE in detroit with tom Morrellow you are the best guitarist in the world man i hope you know that.... im sure you guys get sick of request and its understandable.. please though asking you with everything i have to play ZEE DEVEEL for us that night on may 8th... will you? 

Mikey, are there any female vocalists in the industry right now that you would consider collaborating or would like to collaborate with? Maybe make a record? Go on tour? Something like PJ Harvey & John Parish...

Thanks!

band or artist guilty pleasure?? when did you start listening to them??

-Val from San Jose, Costa Rica

Hi Mike!
First off, I had tons of fun in Melbourne, 8 Feb. Thanks for the wicked night :)

I've been dealing with on and off wrist pain for a while, especially during intense rehearsal/performance periods. From your experience, do you have any tips for dealing with RSI, pre and post CTS, when 'resting' isn't really an option? Is it a strength/technique issue, or something that can be managed via stretches and exercise?

In your case, is there anything you wish you had done in your earlier years as a preventative measure against CTS, or was the outcome inevitable considering the intensity of your working life?

Long, broken question! Thanks for your time, you're the coolest.

Much love,
Lexi

Hello Mike, I've always admired your way with words and I've always wondered if your experiences at Harvard would ever come through into the lyrics you write or if they already have in recent recordings so I guess my question for you would be... are you pooping right now? Because I am.

-Ethan Grimes

RSS

facebook

twitter youtube

last.fm

Image Map

Follow Brandon on Spotify

Join The Incubus Mailing List

Watch streaming video from Incubus at livestream.com

© 2014   Created by Incubus.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service