Mike, Kilmore, Jose and Brandon will be doing separate video chats over the course of the HQ Anniversary party, and they'll be answering your questions straight from the internet. To cut down on the amount of confusion going on in the chat room while they're live, we will be pulling the best questions from this thread to ask them on-air.

This thread is for questions for Brandon Boyd only.

Tags: questions, videochat

Views: 7220

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

In the song "Thieves", you said "everything is fine as long as you're a God-fearing white American". Could you please explain what you meant by those words? Do you feel that being a God-fearing white American is a negative thing to be? I have been a major, big-time Incubus fan since the days of "mustard-drenched cucumbers", and you are at the top of the list of people I would want to have a conversation with. But I am also a God-fearing white American who is a fan of yours but is confused about your lyrics. Please help me by explaining the lyrics and meaning of this song. Thanks!!

I want to know about this song too. 

Do you ever find time to watch movies?  If so, which ones have you enjoyed?  Are any of you aliens? Just being silly.  Really dig your music and lyrics.

Hey Brandon,

As a musician and song writer, I know creativity can come without a moments notice. I often find ideas, melodies and lyrics can come out of anywhere at any time. My experience has shown me that when I try to create, it's generally nothing I want to develop, but when it comes out of no where, when it's unexpected, when my mind is empty and ready for the universe to make it's way in, it's something I obssess over until I'm satisfied. What has been your experience as far as spontaneous inspiration goes in regards to making sure that the idea doesn't come and vanish forever? I often grab my phone and hum a melody, tune or words as quickly as i can before it's gone. 

Thank you for sharing your music with the world.

Cheers.

Your fan and friend, jdubsky

Hi Brandon! First of all I want to thank you for being my hero! As a singer, I have many musical idols, but no one comes close to you and Joplin, so thank you for being inspirational! I do have a question for you. In terms of creativity, do you ever feel like something starts inside of you and you're not quite sure how to approach it? It's almost like your mind gets ahead of you and it starts to understand things you, yourself can't comprehend? I hope that's not confusing! I wish I could explain it better!

How did you guys go about selecting the songs for the greatest hits album? There were no songs from "S.C.I.E.N.C.E." or "Fungus Amongus" on there which was disappointing to me. Looking back, do you feel that these songs do not accurately represent who Incubus truly is and that you aren't proud (for lack of a better term) of these songs? S.C.I.E.N.C.E. was a great album. I truly hope one day I will here another Incubus song similar to "Idiot Box" or "A Certain Shade of Green". Thanks!!

What one thing are you most proud of? It doesn't have to be music related. :)

My question to Brandon would be:

What are the 3 most memorable places you've ever performed at?

If you had to recommend one book to read, what would it be??

Brandon, when you were younger did you have doubts about what you were doing (being in the band I mean)? What was that thing that made you look at your friends and say "This is exactly what I want to do with these people." Is it still the same or as it changed over the years?

At what moment did you first realize you were quite famous, or starting to be, and were you starstruck by this?

my question would be, where is your favorite place to play? and also how do you feel about omaha, nebraska? because i can tell you we (or mainly me) love you here!

RSS

facebook

twitter youtube

last.fm

Image Map

Follow Brandon on Spotify

Join The Incubus Mailing List

Watch streaming video from Incubus at livestream.com

© 2014   Created by Incubus.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service