Every time anyone logs into the chat it seems like the first question is 'what's the news??' so here.  Let's all put what we've heard down and where it's come from on this thread.  We can keep it updated so people can come straight here and no one misses at thing.

Today at the morning briefing we got a (very blurry) preview of concepts for the album cover.  It was really really blurry so I can't really describe the concepts other than there were three of them, but I think someone might have gotten a screen cap.

Renman said that the boys will be doing a photoshoot on Saturday and filming for the Adolescents video on Sunday, which he expects to be 'out there' by the 25th of April.  He also confirmed that the band will be touring the US August-September, starting with the Red Rocks and ending in LA.  Lastly, he told us that Brandon wrote a 'bio' letter for the new album like the letter that accompanied The Wild Trapeze.

Tags: news

Views: 1546

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know if you'll have to pay extra for the shirt but it is my understanding that preorders will be given access to a download of a studio cut of Surface to Air for free in the next week or so.  This should be available internationally.
More Contests I say. Why. Because. It makes room for everyone to take action wether or not they can be around all the time. Let's invite everyone in!

Jimmy Moon said:
Please no more contests, there are enough already! =D
how about here in the philippines? no pre sale?

hi zarina, if you're referring to concert tickets, the promoter already started selling the tickets with the discount. i think that the idea of the pre-sale for the philippine concert is a bit late already. :D and also, it might be difficult for both incubus and the promoter to hold it outside the US.

however for the INNW album, it's still on-going. :)

succubus_zarina said:

Point taken Oceana but I was just referring to the t-shirt to be included in the pre-order. I think it'd be nice to have it be included so that everyone who pre-ordered would get it =D.

Oceana Light said:
More Contests I say. Why. Because. It makes room for everyone to take action wether or not they can be around all the time. Let's invite everyone in!

Jimmy Moon said:
Please no more contests, there are enough already! =D
yeah.. u'r right... saw it coming when they started selling the tickets...good thing there's the discount.. at least .. =)

Katrina said:

hi zarina, if you're referring to concert tickets, the promoter already started selling the tickets with the discount. i think that the idea of the pre-sale for the philippine concert is a bit late already. :D and also, it might be difficult for both incubus and the promoter to hold it outside the US.

however for the INNW album, it's still on-going. :)

succubus_zarina said:

Hope we get some clarification on the international preorder front, it will be kind of costly to preorder online due to shipping to the UK unless the 'bonuses' are thrown in too.  My finger is on the trigger.
Im desperate for some backstage/meet n greet passes for our August Hawaii show!! Does anyone have any advice or suggestions or a way that I can obtain them? I ABSOLUTLY LOVE INCUBUS!!
Well, besides keeping track of this site, trying your best in whatever contest, I think nobody can give you any other advice.
Very true and I appreciate the reply. Still trying to figure out the ins and outs of this wonderful site so bear with me while i act like a total newbie haha.

05-16-2011 7:13 am PST Morning Briefing Notes

* After an epic battle with Livestream and subsequently having to move to Vokle, Renman previewed the studio version of Surface to Air for us at the Morning Briefing.  It's beautiful.

* Renman says, "We're gonna be doing a special series, did I say series?  That would assume that there's more than one, here in LA.  We're creating our own place here in LA.  We're not content to just go place some freaking club, that'd be TOO EASY.  We're going to take the hard road and build the World Headquarters here in Los Angeles.  Some building right now, Eddie Kertchner and his team will be setting up the real Headquarters, where from June 1 on we will be working on getting our shit together and get on tour.  Tomorrow morning we are going to test it all out and bring in all the tech guys, make sure it all works, and if it all comes together I think it's going to be pretty darn special."

* Surface to Air's amazing studio cut should be available for download for people who have pre-ordered in the next week or so.

* Renman was planning on showing ups some Mechandizing designs to get our opinions on them but having to move to Volke shot that in the butt, so that will happen later this week instead.

* Renman assures there will be some kind of contest for tickets for the London show next month.

* The Kansas City show will NOT be at the City Market, although Ren would not say which venue it WOULD be.

* Renman is hoping that the new merchandise will be available in London, but he does note that it 'is kind of tight', and the pre-release dates in Europe have all been kind of last-minute so there are some possibilities it won't be at the shows.  If it is not, it should all be available online.

* Renman says he sent TWO emails to Mr. Kenney informing him that he was requested to a live internet show by overwhelming popular demand, and asked him to put something together.

* It is "unlikely at best" that the band will be playing any extra intimate or acoustic shows while on the tour, and as Ren points out Brandon is very protective of his voice and doesn't even do a lot of interviews in an effort to be on the top of his game for the concerts.  It's an ampitheatre tour, kids, go see 'em at the ampitheatre.

* There will be Make Yourself Foundation eBay auctions for Meet and Greets as well as the contests for backstage passes, so those tickets will be available for purchase for most if not all concerts.

* Promises, Promises will be the next single, the video filming may be finished by the end of the month.

* The Billboard Magazine issue that hits stands this week has an Incubus Article!

* Brandon will be doing an interview over the phone for Radio One; Renman is very interested to know if that actually hits the air!

* Renman has explicitly asked fans who may have heard the Surface to Air preview NOT TO UPLOAD IT ANYWHERE.  THIS MEANS YOU.  For SERIOUS.  If that Mp3 leaks then Ren will no longer be able to share with us the advance news and sneak previews he's been so generous to share with us, and nobody wants to be the person who peed in the pool.  Please, please, have some respect for the band, their team, and all the hard work that is going into making this album release such an amazing experience for all of us.  Leakers are going to get the Pan.

omg..so fast.i salute u! ;)

RSS

facebook

twitter youtube

last.fm

Image Map

Follow Brandon on Spotify

Join The Incubus Mailing List

Watch streaming video from Incubus at livestream.com

© 2014   Created by Incubus.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service